A patient named Mr Vyshakh, Male aged 29, hailing from Calicut consulted at our opd complaining of fever with severe headache and muscle pain along with joint pain since 1 week .
As per the symptoms , fever was recorded to be 42dc ,blood test was advised for CBC , platelet , and the result shows a decrease in neutrophils ,leucocytes , thrombocytes, platelet tcount was found . With this it has been diagnosed as Dengue fever . There was no history of bleeding or case of rashes .
Primary management includes elimination the source of vector, as mosquito repellants , protective dressing , next is drinking lots of fluids , at last comes medication .
According to Ayurveda, this condition has been considered under as Dandaka Jwara .
As per Acharya Charaka ,
“Langhanam swedanam kale yavaguvastikhako rasa
Pachananya vipakvanam doshanam tarune jwara”
Jwaradhou langhanam proktam jwara madhye tu pachanam
Jwarandye rechanam …..
As per this treatment principles ,
Initially for all Jwara, langhana(fasting) is the treatment adopted in order to have amapachana which prevents further vitiation of agni. As classics says langhana is done as upavasa , here it is done through yavagu mixed with tikhta pradhana aahara ( guduchi swarasa, parpata ) along with pachana toya,
- Shadangapaneeyam ,clears ama considering pitta dosha continued for a week along with Amrutotaram kasayam 90 ml bd ,amritaristam25 ml bd for residual pachana of dosha
- Svedana was done with ushnodaka snana .
- Hot water was given at regular intervals for srotoshodana
- Dhoopana was advised for the room with aparajita
- By the end of 3days fever decreased but patient was fatigued , pain still persist.
- Drakshadi phantam and dadhima swarasam was provided for the next 3 weeks to meet the blood count . Along with this peya with guduchi satva and dadimadhi swarasa was also given.
- As there was utklishta of kapha ,vamana was done with madanapala pippali ,vacha and yashti madhu .
- Laja peya was given for 2days after vamana as tarpana of dosha
- After this if fever doesn’t subside then, virechana is advised but here fever has come down so no virechana is done . if not with virechana only vasti is done.
- Mudgha yusha is given as diet
- After this agni bala was strengthened and except fatigue patient was comfortable
Patient was given 7 days complete rest, after that patient was able to do normal duties.
LAB report: Before Treatment
LAB report: After Treatment