Did you know?
There is a cure for Deep vein thrombosis in Ayurveda (DVT)
Yes, not just management but an actual cure for DVT
What are the treatments for DVT in Ayurveda?
Deep vein thrombosis is primarily a condition that causes blood clotting in the nerves. It becomes complicated when it affects the vessels of organs like the brain, heart, and lungs.
Treatment of DVT in Ayurveda involves anticoagulation methods to reduce the size of the clot. Kashya Dhara is an ayurvedic treatment for patients with deep vein thrombosis, which is very effective in removing the clot in the nerves. Kashya Dhara cleanses the blood and improves blood circulation.
To cure DVT completely, Ayurveda has special treatments that involve detoxing the brain, which helps reprogram the nerves. This can be done if the patient supports the treatment well. Siravyedham is also a proven and highly effective Ayurvedic treatment to reduce the symptoms of DVT. We will discuss the procedure of Kashaya Dhara and Siravyedham in a later part of this blog.
Ayurvedic treatments to ease the pain and symptoms of DVT given at Sree Subramania Ayurvedic Nursing Home are :
Lepanam: Ayurvedic treatment for improving blood circulation
Lepanam eases the symptoms of deep vein thrombosis. In lepanam, a medicated herbal paste is applied to the affected area of the body as an external agent and when the medication gets absorbed at the affected area they help in improving blood circulation in the body, reducing the pain faster.
The patient feels a heating sensation upon applying the herbal paste. Later, it is removed using warm water.
The herbal paste used for lepanam is a combination of many herbal oils and medicines. It has high-anti inflammatory and analgesic properties.
Now, can you believe there are no side effects for this treatment. ?
Siravyedham: Ayurvedic treatment for detoxification
Siryavyedham is an ayurvedic treatment which helps to purify the blood. It helps in detoxing the body by cleansing the blood. In this ayurvedic treatment, bloodletting is done by puncturing the patient’s skin. Impure blood is let out removing the clotted blood in the affected area and eases blood circulation hence reducing pain and managing DVT.
This is amongst the best ayurvedic treatments for blood clots in the leg and is proven effective in almost all cases treated at Sree Subramania Ayurvedic nursing home.
Please take a serious note of:
Siravyedham should be administered under the strict supervision of a doctor.
Kashaya Dhara: Ayurvedic treatment for Mental health
Kashaya means decoction and Dhara means pouring, Kashaya Dhara is a sedation therapy given in Ayurveda which uses herbal decoction for the treatment.
In this ayurvedic treatment, a patient is first made to perspire by pouring the warm decoction made with special herbs from a special vessel kept at a certain height. The decoction is poured in a rhythmic way to the patient’s forehead and body and we need to make sure that the flow of the decoction must be continuous.
This ayurvedic treatment is highly effective in reducing the pain caused in patients due to deep vein thrombosis. It also promotes fat metabolism and eases the muscles.
Kashaya Dhara is an ayurvedic treatment, which is equally effective as a preventive treatment for DVT and in the cure for DVT
This unique Ayurvedic treatment relaxes the mind and body of the patient, hence reducing the stress. The approximate duration of kashaya dhara is 30-60 minutes.
How to prevent deep vein thrombosis?
Ayurveda is the science with a vast knowledge of understanding lifestyle and even in research, it has been proved that most of the diseases are a result of a change in your lifestyle hence leading to an abnormality which results in a disease.
Did you know?
DVT can simply be prevented by making a few changes in your lifestyle.
- Regular exercise: Regular exercise should be your routine if you want to get rid of DVT. Exercise relaxes your muscles and improves blood circulation. You can engage in regular exercises like cardio, walking, running, etc.
- Avoid prolonged sitting: You might have an office job that requires you to sit with your computer for hours. It decreases blood flow in the lower leg and often leads to the formation of blood clots in deep veins. So, Avoid sitting for long and take breaks at regular intervals.
- Maintain a balanced diet: Avoid junk food. Include green, leafy vegetables, eggs, cereals, and mustard greens in your diet. Drink adequate amounts of water to enhance blood circulation.
- Quit smoking: Do you have the habit of pulling out a cigarette every day? Then you might be facing the risk of deep vein thrombosis. Smoking cigarettes may result in the formation of blood clots in your vein.
Now if you want to know about DVT in details then continue reading
What is DVT?
Deep vein thrombosis (DVT) is a condition that happens due to blood clots in the vein located deep inside the body. The deep vein blood clots usually form in the veins in your lower leg or thigh these rarely occur in other areas of the body.
What are the Symptoms of DVT
- Swelling in foot or ankle which often happens on one side
- You feel a cramping pain in the affected area. The pain originates from your calf
- Sometimes the skin of the affected area turns pale or bluish color
- Severe and unexplainable pain in your ankle or foot
What causes blood clots in veins?
- Injuries: Any injury to the veins resulting from accidents can damage the blood vessels, resulting in the formation of blood clots in the vein.
- Sedentary lifestyle: If you don’t engage in any physical activities or sit for prolonged hours, blood circulation will decrease in your veins and result in blood clotting.
- Surgery: Sometimes undergoing surgery would damage your blood vessels, causing the blood to clot in the future.
- Certain Medication: Some kind of medicines may develop blood clots in your veins. For instance, taking contraceptive pills may cause thrombosis by changing the balance of coagulation factors in the blood.
Deep vein thrombosis can be cured permanently in Ayurveda. Highly effective treatments like Kashaya Dhara and Lepanam are used in Ayurveda to ease the pain and cure DVT.
The best way to prevent DVT is to keep your fitness intact. Regular exercise and a healthy diet promote easy blood circulation and knock out the possibilities of DVT. If DVT is left untreated, it can become a serious condition with many complications like chronic venous insufficiency.
If you think you have Deep Vein Thrombosis or its symptoms it is crucial to seek medical help. Sree Subramania Ayurvedic Nursing Home provides effective treatment for DVT.
Want Permanent Cure from DVT? Contact us now